Our friend Jay posted on the foodeeze message board how incredibly surprisingly tasty grilled green onions really are. So, tonight with a salmon meal, we decided to take his challenge, despite the fact that he didn't challenge anyone to anything. This is most likely best used as a garnish or condiment. We draped these over our salmon and had a bit with every bite.
1 bunch scallions
- Start coals and get them hot (or use a gas grill if you're a pussy.)
- Brush the scallions with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- lay scallions over direct heat.
- turn after about 2 minutes. should have some dark spots.
- remove from heat after another 2 minutes.